Tasty Tuesday : Banana Bites

....Tasty Tuesday...this means food and cooking doesn't it? Is THAT why you made me wear your silly apron again?!
Actually...Mom is REALLY excited about this one, because she LOVES cooking and baking. Actually before she even though of having a dog or having a dog-blog...she had a baking and cooking blog.

Or, well...she tried to have a baking and cooking blog.

It didn't last long for various reasons.

BUT ANYWAY...that's the past. What matter now is the present...and what's happening in the present?

Banana Bites are! 

Here are the ingredients, and the amounts for each one needed under the picture: 


1/2c milk - 1/4c oil - 1/2c. honey - 1 1/4c. flour - 3c. oatmeal - 2 eggs - 2 bananas, mashed
(The above photo is a tad inaccurate...mom got curious about oils for dogs after taking it, and went online to do some quick research. In our recipe we used a light olive oil instead of the above pictured canola!)


Before mashing your banana, be sure to have your dog taste test it for you. YUM!

After getting your stuffs together, you first want to mix all your wet ingredients together (milk, oil, honey, eggs and banana).  It should looks something like this:


All the wet stuffs mixed together!

Then just go ahead and mix in all the remaining dry ingredients (flour and oatmeal) until it makes a nice smooth batter.

Taste test.

Om-nomnom...Mom this is gonna be good!
 Heat your oven to 350*F, get out a baking pan and lightly grease it. Then go ahead and poor the batter into the pan, and spread it evenly.

Ready for the oven to get baked up.

Bake it for 30 minutes. Let it cool on the pan.

You can then cut it into bite-sized squares in the pan, or if you are like Momma flip it out onto a cutting board to be cut there.


Cut squares of yummy!

Then...enjoy!

...is that piece for me, mom? I think it should be...

Ooooh...it's chewy...and so good!

These treats are good for your pawrents, too! IF you feel like sharing them, IF they've given you plenty of belly rubs and ear scratches that day.


Mom always wants to say thank you to all our furiends who have kept her father in their good thoughts. He is doing ok in the hospital. Apparently for some reason the bottom of his stomach has closed up...so things can get in but not not. This is something that has happened in the past, and they had no idea why then. Maybe they can find a reason this time.








Comments

  1. OMD OMD OMD..... we Found and started Following you JUST IN TIME... THIS looks SCRUMPTIOUS... esp on a FREEZING COLD Day in OHIO... WARM Lovin from the OVEN..
    We have EVERYTHINGY we NEED... even the Olive Oil. Now we just have one thingy to say....

    MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM get over here and get this recipe going fur US....

    PeeS... We are from OHIO and YOU are from Pencil Vane E Ah... we are NEIGHBORS... AND our Cussin SARGE lives in Tionesta, Pencil Vane E Ah.

    We also want to make sure that you know that Blogville is having a Queen of Heart's Dance and a BUNCH of Valentine's day Activities... YOU are VERY VERY welcome to join in with us. We even have a DATING SERVICE and a >>>>KISSING BOOTH...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you guys for finding me, and you're right to think they look scrumptious...cause they are! I don't know where Tionesta is...I'll have to get momma to find it on a map for me, but I will be sure to visit your cousin's blog!

      Thanks for letting me know about the dance, I had seen it announce and was planning on attending! Mom STILL has to send my picture off to Ranger so he can dress me up for it!

      Delete
  2. They look fantastic. I wonder if mom will make them for me
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure if you just give her your very best, very cutest look she will! None of which should be a problem for you, Lily...as you are practically to cute already!

      Delete
  3. Those look sooo tasty and Petal loves bananas! We're going to try these soon, thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey now, those look like tasty lil treats. I need to get my Mommy to burn, I mean, bake sum of those for us dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I told Lily...just give you bestest most cute please face and I'm sure you'll be able to score some!

      Delete
    2. We are wonderin, should the extras be stored in the fridge? Mommy is So stingy with cookies and we wouldn't want them to to bad. Ya never know what might happen when Banana Bites go bad!

      Delete
    3. Hello Zoe! Sorry for being so late getting back to you, computer problems here at home. The website I got them for does say to store them in the fridge, but it doesn't say for how long they stay good. That just means you need eat them all quick, I guess?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They do more then just look yummy, Miss. Nola...they taste yummy, too!

      Delete
  6. Oh My :-) BANANA!!! Enjoy your treats. Happy Tasty Tuesday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always get the last bit of my mom's banana every morning. Maybe I can get her to make me some of these too.

    Walter

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love helping out in the kitchen and the best part is the tastetesting, Wesley! yummmmmm

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Wesley!
    Wow, it's so nice to meet you! I love new Blogville furiends and I know we'll have a ton of fun together. I'm Frankie's cussin and I agree with everyone that your naner treats look delish!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, New Furiend

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMD, drooling all over the compawter, and your staff let you lick the spoon :) xxooxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there Wesley!! Hey ,thanks bunches for stoppin' by my bloggie!! Wows, those treaties look FABulous!!! I wish my Ma made stuffs for me....*sniff, sniff*. Maybe someday, she says....
    Well, at least I do gets banana everydays!! I loves bananas!!
    Oh, and your Moms is totally pawsome lettin' you help out and lick the spoon and everythings!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment