A review?! Natural Balance Pawpaya Pilaf

So one day mom is floating around on Facebook, snooping on people minding her own business when a shared post from the PetFlow.com Facebook page poped up in her feed. This company, one like Chewy, was looking for a bunch of people to test products for them! She's always looking for new things for me to try (I may be a little spoiled...) and jumped to sign up for it.

A short bit later she received an email with an invitation to test and review Natural Balance's Delectable Delights Pawpaya Pilaf. Well, of course she took that invitation, and a day or so later it arrived on our doorstep!


See! There it is!
For the day that we waiting for it to come to us, Mom did some looking up about the item on the Natural Balance site. This is what it said on the website about this product's highlights:



Gourmet Blend of Wholesome Ingredients Including Whitefish, Tuna, Turkey & Papaya in a Tasty Gravy.PPN Editors' Choice Award 2012 Hand Crafted Stews Cooked to Savory Perfection. Complete and Balanced For All Breeds of Adult Dogs.



And here is the ingredients list, also from the website:


 Ocean Whitefish Broth, Ocean Whitefish, Tuna, Turkey, Dried Egg, Papaya, Carrots, Brown Rice, Canola Oil, Pea Protein, Chicken, Potato Starch, Tricalcium Phosphate, Guar Gum, Natural Flavor, Choline Chloride, Modified Tapioca Starch, Potassium Chloride, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Beta-Carotene, Folic Acid), Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide), Caramel Color, Salt, Paprika.




Mom likes that she can pronounce all the stuff in it easily, and knows what a good portion of it is. She started searching some of the ingredients she wasn't sure about (she wants to make sure what she's giving me for eats is good for me!) and was satisfied with the answers she found. One thing she's not so sure she likes is the 'Product of Thailand' stamp on the lower right corner of the back. You see, usually I get Merrick canned food, a product that mom really likes since it's USA made.

Even though she wasn't 100% thrilled with the origins of Pawpaya Delights, that was her personal , human nit-pick about it!


Me? I just wanted to eat!

So mom pulled back the foil and...oooooh it smelled SOOOO GOOOOD! Well, I thought it did anway. Mom made a sort of weird face and held it at arms distance as she put it on a plate for me.
(Mom Note: Considering the first three ingredients of this stuff are all fish related, I should have expected the odor! My own nose isn't that sensitive, but yeesh! Some human out there with a more sensitive sniffer might have an issue with this.)

So Mom made a face, plated it, put it on the floor for me...AND THEN MADE ME WAIT! How rotten is that?!


Ooooh mom! It looks good! I know you want me to pay attention to you until you release me to eat...but I'm just going to continue to stare at it, ok?

She didn't make me wait toooo long though, and once she said 'ok, it's yours!' I went for it!


First taste...OOoooooh it's good stuff!


So good I licked the plate completely clean!
My expert doggie food opinion? I thought it was really super delicious good and would love for mom to get some more of it for me in the future! Maybe if I'm a good little pup, she'll do it? Please mom?!?!

(Note: Were we compensated for this review? Nope, not at all! All opinions are our own and shared freely. Links included are just in case someone is curious themselves about the websites/products listed and we were in no way compensated for any of this review. Well...Wesley's human momma wasn't. Wesley, of course, got a full tummy!)



Comments

  1. We need to have our mom check this out! Lucky you, Wesley! yummmmmmmmm

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment