What was on the lake?

Yesterday for Wordless Wednesday I posted a picture from the walk around the lake my mom and I took. It was a very foggy day...

There's a lake behind me, I swear there is!

I've taken pictures on this rock before and usually there is a nice lake behind me...you could never tell that yesterday!

It was also pretty dang muddy out!

No, I don't care to get my paw all muddy, thank you.

Here's another picture of what was on the lake yesterday. I showed just one in my photo yesterday...but there was actually a mated pair of them!

See the white things behind me?

Those white things behind me were a pair of swans!


Aren't they pretty?

Mom loved watching them in the fog, but went back today to get a few better pictures of them. And this time on the lake, there was no fog and much more then just swans!

There were these guys all hanging out together.

Mallards (both male and female) Canadian geese, and some other type she's not sure of.

And also one of these guys:

A heron!

Heron's are her favorite thing to see on the lake. She thinks they are just such cool birds!

But anyway!

Looks like my last post of 2015 has gone to the birds!

Today is the last of 2015, and neither Mom or I can believe it! Where did it go so fast!?

None of our household are really partiers, despite the fact that I am in fact a 'parti poodle'. So we will probably just sleep as it official turns from 2015 to 2016 at midnight. BOL 

HOWEVER I do want to wish all my friends reading this, as well as any one else who may wander across my little blog these things:

Good health for 2016 (and always, really!)
Lots of love for the new year (romantic AND of the family/friend kind)
Lots of laughter and fun

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wes' Mom: Happy New Year from our hearts to yours! On a side note...seeing this photo makes me really realize what my NYE resolution is to be! Time to give my other personal blog a revamp...





Comments

  1. SWANS!!! We thought they were Ducks... they are so Graceful and Beautiful.

    We wish YOU and your Peeps a Very Much Wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't see anything on that lake. We certainly weren't expecting swans! We sometimes get swans on our river, but they're black swans.

    We just watched the fireworks on television and barked at the ones in the 'hood. We've already had our first outing at the river with our friends in 2016. So Happy New Year. By our reckoning, you still have a few more hours to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice photo of the two of you! Watch out for that fog. Weird things happen in the fog!

    Happy New Year!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD, your Moms is hawt!!! That is one FABulous pic Wesley! (oh BTW, you are lookin' pretty handsome yourself..shhhh, don't tell Murphy! BOL!!!)
    Nows, I thinks that Heron looks a little grumpy myself, butts it kinda reminds me of Ma...BOL!!!!! BOL!!!
    I loves the purty swans the bestest!
    Have a most FABulous New Years Wesley!!!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Wesley!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a very Happy New Year!!!
    Happy New Year Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you and your furmily... and to the two beautiful swans :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wesley and Mom first of all what a gorgeous photo of you two!!
    Bravo on the great bird sightings....mom loves birds a ton but not as much as she loves me.
    Hugs Madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! Those "other ducks" are Buffleheads. The males have beautiful iridescent green and purple on their heads and are one of our mom's favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! Those swans you saw were beautiful! We saw alpacas on our walk today that looked like big poodles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment