It's Chewy Review Time!
Hey Mom, I feel like it's been awhile since we've done a review for Mr.Chewy...it's about time, isn't it?!
So...what tasty thing do I get to give my 100%-cross-my-heart-honest-doggie opinion to for December?!
Ooohhhh....it's Merrick's Venison Holiday Stew! Now I've had Merrick products before and they are always tasty. Merrick always has something they call their Five Star Promises, which Mom really likes.
What exactly are those promises?
- Local Growers -NO ingredients from China, with all ingredients sourced from local farms across the USA.
- Real, Whole Foods - they only use the freshest ingredients. They also do not use any additives, sweeteners or preservatives
- Merrick's own Kitchen! -All their recipe making, packing and shipping occurs in ONE place.
- Balanced Nutrition - Every Merrick recipe starts the same way: deboned meat! After all is said and done, each bowl of Merrick's dry recipes has a guaranteed protein level of 30-38%...and that's all then balanced out by an appropriate level of fruits and veggies. They also offer plenty of single-protien AND grain free options for allergy pets!
- Health that can be seen! - After being on Merrick, you can see the benefits of their hight quality food in way such as: increased energy, healthy skin and shiny coats, healthy bones and joints and a healthy digestive tract.
So far, Merrick has been very good about not breaking any of those promises!
So that's a general overview of the company, but what about this specific product?
What's in this Venison Holiday Stew stuff, anyway?
Deboned Venison, Beef Broth, Peas, Carrots, Potato, Zucchini, Apples, Dried Egg Product, Natural Pork Flavor, Potato Starch-modified, Blueberries, Canola Oil, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Niacin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate), Carageenan, Cassia Gum, Olive Oil, Flax Oil, Minerals (Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Glucoheptonate, Sodium Selenite), Natural Carmel Color, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Lecithin
Ok, so...that's what's in the can...now for a different look at what's in the can!
Just look at those chunks of meaty-goodness, and that hunk carrot right there!
Looks sure yummy to me...
Just give me two minutes here and I'll let you know for sure 100% just how yummy it is!
Doesn't just look tasty - it is tasty - and it didn't take me long at all to eat it all up and then lick the bowl clean.
So what do I think of this Merrick Venison Holiday Stew?
I think that Mom should stash a can away for the holiday proper...or be prepared to head out and get me some more for Christmas dinner!
I like it lots, and it gets a FIVE STAR rating from me!
Interested in grabbing some for yourself? Mr. Chewy has some for sale at Chewy.com, along with lots of other tasty and awesome stuff - pretty much anything a pooch could ever want!
(( DISCLAIMER: In exchange for this review of Merrick Venison Holiday Stew we were given one case of the above mentioned product free of charge. Beyond that we were in no other way compensated for this posting, and all opinions of the product are 100% honest and of our own. ))